2009年4月20日月曜日

Singsing in PNG

Singsing is traditional dance in Papua New Guinea(PNG).

Singsing, the word come from "sing" in English.

There are 800 or more language in PNG. It means that there are 800 or more culture in PNG.

Actually each village has their own traditional dance and songs.

When they play Singsing, they wear their original traditional dress with
accessaries which made of shell, pig tasks, dog teeth, feather of Bird of Paradise.

PNG people play Singsing when they have something cerebrating as

harvest, or blide, or initiation for kids.

Also they dance Singsing when they join Cultural show.

Their Cultural shows are held once a year in each places whole of country.

Lots of villager come together and compete their dance.

If they perform well, they can get honoralbe prise.

They think getting prise is greate statas of their own culture.

So they always practice and blush up their dance and singing.
The Goroka Show in Eastern Highland province,
or Hagen Show in Western Highland province,

and also Hiri Moare in Port Meresby in National Capital District

are so famous cultural shows.

More information for cultural show, go to website of PNG Tourism Promotion Authority.




9 件のコメント:

  1. Thank you for commenting to my blog. Your blog is wonderful. I want to learn it. Moreover, please come to see.

    返信削除
  2. Hi, Toshi
    Thank you for comming my blog. I often read English book. I want to go to abroad in this summer, but I can't.
    Where is PNG? Is This near Australia?
    Your pictures are very good and fun.

    返信削除
  3. HI Toshi!!
    Thank you to visit to my blog,so i was very happy.
    Please regard from now on!!!

    返信削除
  4. Your pictures are beautiful! I want to go to Papua New Guinea. I have never been to foreign countries, but I will go to New Zealand in this summer. There are many spots in PNG, and I would like to see the beautiful sea!

    返信削除
  5. thanks for comment.
    I think your photographs are so beautiful.
    someday I want to go your place.

    返信削除
  6. Thank you for commenting my blog^^
    I think PNG is very beautiful place!!
    I'm looking forward to your next blog*

    返信削除
  7. Hi Toshi!! Thank you for visit my blog,so the volunteer is to do myself, so i spent the good time!!!
    I think I am appriciate for your comment!!!

    返信削除
  8. The picture is cool and thankyou for your comment.

    返信削除
  9. Hi! Thank you for comment. I want to watch the movie "Hawuru no ugoku siro."

    返信削除